New School Year Information
3 September 2021 (by admin)
We are looking forward to seeing our amazing children!
Important return to school news:
- Start and finish times will return to normal, 8.45am - 3.15pm school day, nursery 8.45am - 11.45am and 12.15pm - 3.15pm.
- Playgrounds will remain zoned for each year group (please note that Y1 will now have an outdoor classroom in the style of early years, and we ask that you respect the space outside their room when waiting for drop off or pick up and do not let children play with the learning equipment set up for Y1 lessons).
- Children will return to having hot lunches and sandwiches in the school halls.
- We will be able to have assemblies and singing in the school hall again, including Superhero assemblies.
- Our new packed lunch and snack policy will apply. Children can bring only plain water to school and for morning break snacks eat fresh fruit and vegetables only.
- Children will come to school in uniform most days.
- They may wear PE kit on PE days and we will expect this to be our policy PE kit -
- R-Y2 PE kit: Dark coloured (preferably navy) shorts & plain white T-shirt. Sensible footwear.
- Y3-Y6 PE kit: Dark shorts (preferably navy) & plain white t-shirt. Trainers. Suitable kit for outdoor - blue or black tracksuit bottoms & top.
Our website has been updated and will continue to be a working model as we strive to ensure that all information is reviewed regularly. We hope it helps you to make sure you have the most recent information about our school. We have continued to work on our curriculum and all our plans are on the new school website:
Curriculum page: https://www.drighlingtonprimary.co.uk/parents-1
You may also want to explore the Parents and Carers page. You will see a Useful Forms section – please let us know if there are any other forms that we can add to this page. There is also a new Testimonials page – if you would like us to add a quote giving your views about the school, please let us know.
Parents page: https://www.drighlingtonprimary.co.uk/parents-3
We are very much looking forward to seeing you all next week. It is going to be a very exciting year!