Our Governing Body
Our Governors work closely with the Head Teacher and Senior Leaders to ensure that all statutory requirements are met. Governors ask challenging questions and play a leading role in establishing the strategic direction of the school. They are highly committed to the welfare of children and to the principles of quality first teaching so that children reach their full potential.
Our Governing Body Constitution
- 1 Head Teacher
- 2 Parent Governors appointed by ballot of the parents at the school
- 1 Local Authority Governor appointed by the Local Authority
- 1 Staff Governor appointed by ballot of the staff
- 8 Co-opted Governors who are appointed by the Governing Body and are people who, in the opinion of the Governing Body, have the skills required to contribute to the effective governance and success of the school.
The school does not publish personal contact details for Governors. To contact the Governors:
- please send a letter to the school, marked "for the attention of Chair of Governors
- email firstname.lastname@example.org - this will be forwarded to the Chair of Governors
- email email@example.com for direct contact with the Chair of Governors
The 3 core strategic functions of the Governors
- To ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- To hold the Head Teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- To oversee the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
How to become a Governor
If you are interested in becoming a Governor, please contact the Head Teacher or Chair of Governors to discuss any special skills that you may be able to provide to support and strengthen the Governing Body. You may do this in writing, email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone using the contact details provided at the top left hand section of each page on the website. We look forward to hearing from you!