Year End News
27 July 2021 (by admin)
This year has been another tumultuous time with but thankfully we have also had some exciting and happy events. We survived and have come through by working together.
Most impressively, the children have proven to be resilient and strong. This is something we should all be proud of. They are amazing!
Looking ahead, we are uncertain about what will happen in September. We are mindful that the Government may change rules at any point over the summer. We all need to make plans, and the following is what we expect will happen:
We cannot be certain, but we think that:
- start and finish times will return to normal, 8.45 - 3.15pm, and nursery 8.45am - 11.55am, 12.15pm - 3.15pm,
- bubbles will no longer exist and only those testing positive, or living with someone testing positive, will need to isolate at home,
- playgrounds will remain zoned for each year group,
- children will return to having hot lunches and sandwiches in the school halls,
- we will be able to have assemblies and singing in the school hall again, including Superhero assemblies.
We know that these things will happen
- Hand washing and sanitising before setting off to school is still a good idea.
- Face coverings will be optional, but we encourage adults to wear them in site.
- Adults should keep apart on site and maintain social distancing.
- We expect our families to drop off and pick up, keeping a safe distance from staff and communicating most of their messages through ClassDojo (please respect staff evening, weekend and school holiday time).
- Our packed lunch and snack policy will apply. Children can bring only plain water to school and morning break snacks eat fresh fruit and vegetables only.
- Children will come to school in uniform most days.
- They may wear PE kit on PE days and we will expect this to be our policy PE kit -
- R-Y2 PE kit: Dark coloured (preferably navy) shorts & plain white T-shirt. Sensible footwear.
- Y3-Y6 PE kit: Dark shorts (preferably navy) & plain white t-shirt. Trainers. Suitable kit for outdoor - blue or black tracksuit bottoms & top.
Teaching and learning curriculum plans
We are looking forward to further embedding the things that worked well before the pandemic. Some of these are Read, Write, Inc phonics, Talk for Writing and maths same day interventions. We have continued to work on our curriculum and all our plans are on the school website https://www.drighlingtonprimary.co.uk/parents-1
Also, our website will have a complete overhaul over the summer. We are excited about the new look and will let you know when the work is complete.
Our term dates for next year are on the website https://www.drighlingtonprimary.co.uk/news-newsletters/diary-and-term-dates
On behalf of all staff and governors, thank you for your endurance and ongoing support.