Your new design will be uploaded in:
...
Please contact Delivery Team on
0113 3200 750 if you have any queries.
X

Drighlington Primary School

Nurturing, supporting, believing, achieving!

Moorland Road, Bradford
West Yorkshire, BD11 1JY

01132853000

info@drighlingtonprimary.org.uk

Headteacher: Mrs Sue Jackson

  1. Our School
  2. Our School
  3. Pupil Premium

Pupil Premium 

Pupil Premium is an allocation of funding provided to schools to support children who may be vulnerable to underachievement, also known as Disadvantaged. The  Grant includes pupils on the annual census known to have been eligible for free school meals in any of the previous six years, as well as those eligible at the time of the census, such as Looked After or Adopted. All schools are required to report on the amount of funding and how this is being used. In our school, this grant is most effectively spent on supporting children’s learning in the classroom by providing quality first teaching, curriculum support, targeted intervention, engagement and enrichment activities, pastoral support and social and behavioural intervention. As with all children, to ensure maximum impact the needs of children entitled to the Pupil Premium are clearly identified, steps are taken to meet their individual needs and their progress is closely monitored through school. Where small group and individual support is felt to be most beneficial Pupil Premium will be used to support this provision.

Teaching and learning is designed to meet the individual needs of all children. We ensure that appropriate provision is made for children who belong to vulnerable groups and that socially disadvantaged children have their needs adequately assessed and met. We recognise that not all children who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged and we also recognise that not all children that are disadvantaged have free school meals. We allocate Pupil Premium funding after a needs analysis to identify priority groups and individuals. The majority of funding is used to ensure that we employ teaching assistants who provide targeted support for pupil premium children.

 

2016-17

The Pupil Premium grant received for 2016-17 is £116,890. The Pupil Premium Plan for 2016-17 can be viewed below.

click here for pupil premium expenditure plan 2016-17

click here for targeted support strategy plan 2016-17

2015-16

The Pupil Premium grant received for 2015-16 is £120,908. The Pupil Premium Plan for 2015-16 can be viewed below.

click here for pupil premium expenditure plan 2015-16

click here for targeted support strategy plan 2015-16

2015-16 Key Outcomes:      

  • 3/11 children made more than expected progress in all subjects
  • 3/11 children made less than expected progress in one subject.
  • 4/11 children made less than expected progress in all subjects.
  • Most children did not make expected progress in Reading (8/11). 1 child achieved a progress score of above +5.0. 5/11 met the expected standard.
  • 7/11 children made more than expected progress in Writing with 3 children achieving a score of above +5.0. Average progress for this group was affected by the poor progress of 3 children. 7/11 met the expected standard.
  • 5/11 children made more than expected progress in Maths. 1 child achieved a score of above +5.0. Average progress for this group was affected by the poor progress of 3 children. 5/11 met the expected standard.
  • Compared to 2015, the gap to national for the percentage of children achieving the expected standards increased by 9% in Reading to -29%, reduced by 8% in Writing to -21% and increased by 6% in Maths to -29%. The gap remained the same for Reading, Writing, Maths combined (-35%).
  • Between 2013 and 2015, Value Added Scores and Average Point Scores for Disadvantaged pupils increased overall and in all subjects separately.
  • All pupils in all classes benefited from access to additional teaching assistant support as this was a key focus of expenditure.

Outcomes from these Key Stage 2 results informed our school improvement plans for 2016-17.

2014-2015

The Pupil Premium grant received for 2014-15 was £100,100.  The Pupil Premium Plan for 2014-2015 can be viewed below. 

2014-15 Key Outcomes:

The overall average point score (APS) at the end of key stage two SATs was as follows:

  • the APS was 1.1 less than other children in the year group
  • the APS was 0.6 less than the national pupil premium average
  • the school gap has closed by 2.6 points from 2 years ago

Outcomes from these Key Stage 2 results informed our school improvement plans for 2015-16.