Anti-Bullying Quality Mark
At Drighlington Primary School we believe everyone should feel safe and happy. We are currently working hard to achieve the Bronze Level of the Anti-bullying Quality Mark.
The Anti-Bullying Quality Mark will:
- Encourage our whole school to develop effective and sustainable strategies for challenging bullying.
- Provide a framework for continuous school improvement in anti-bullying
- Inspire the development and sharing of good anti-bullying practice for all children in our school.
- Be an endorsement of the quality of anti-bullying policy and practice in our school.
Anti-bullying Steering Group
Last year we set up an Anti-bullying steering group which comprises of children, staff, parents and governors. This group meets regularly to review the school's policies and procedures in regards to bullying. Some of the ideas they have put in place are:
- Friendship benches and bus stops on the playground for children to visit when they feel lonely or upset.
- Anti-bullying ambassadors and playground leaders to support positive play times.
- Regular assemblies with an anti-bullying theme to make sure all children understand what bullying is and what to do if they experience it.
- Record keeping procedures to track incidents of bullying.
If you would like to speak to someone regarding our anti-bullying work in school or are interested in becoming involved in our Anti-Bullying Steering Group then please contact Miss Ainley or Mrs Blackburn.
The designated governor for Anti-Bullying is Natalie Felton.
They can all be reached via email to: ABQM@drighlingtonprimary.org.uk
If you are aware of any incidents of bullying please refer to our Anti-bullying Policy for guidance. This can be found in the Policies section of the website or is available on request from the school office.
A wealth of information and guidance for parents about bullying can be found on the NSPCC website. Please click on the link below to access their resources: